Congratulations to Catch for being voted as the Athlete of the month for September. If you see a sweet tank top at the HWTC odds are Catch is rockin it. Catch was nominated for his endless support to the HWTC ranging from Friday afternoon Box washes to contonuosly improving his performance during the WODS.
Here is a little more info about Catch:
Hometown: Franklin MA
1. What do you do at Hanscom AFB?
B-2 Mission Planning, Program Manager
2. What got you interested in the HWTC?
Lots of friends who were doing it (CrossFit) and telling me I should try it
3. What motivates you to keep coming to the HWTC (What are your goals)?
The camaraderie, the coaches, the cool socks.. and of course TANK TOPS! My goal is to continue making strides and getting in better and better shape…
4. Making any progress to accomplishing those goals?
Yes, my squats are actually squats now…. I “WAS” that big guy with skinny legs.. and I can do pull ups now too…. thanks to all the help, not only from fellow athletes who cheer everyone on but the unrelenting coaches who really care… THEY ARE AWESOME! – When I started I told people I was Forty and Fat… feeling very fit now at Forty-one.
5. What are some ways HWTC sets itself apart from other forms of fitness? Variety in exercise, the coaches, the feeling of community with the athletes.. and did I mention the coaches?
6. What is your favorite WOD/exercise so far? I like them all, Filthy Fifty is my fave.
7. What is your least favorite WOD/exercise so far? Snatches!!
8. What is something that no one knows about you? I love wearing tank tops… jk.. I don’t think there is something that no one knows about me.. pretty transparent..
9. How can other people relate to your story? I am an forty-something with wife/kids and a time consuming commute, with no time for much more then what I already do, so getting so much benefit both mentally and physically from CF is a “no-brainer”
10. What is your most memorable moment at the HWTC? Day one… never forget it. Everyday since has been awesome too. Hi, My name is Mike and I am a CF junky.